Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Tuesday Tea Time and Letters

Tea with Jane





This is such a lovely book.  Have you read it?  I have re read it for a second time and it was just as enjoyable as the first read.  Kim Wilson  pulls out nearly every mention of tea from all of Jane Austen's novels and letters.  I find that fascinating--does that make me a nerd?

I am having some black tea, Lipton Natural Energy...for a little pick up  this afternoon.  What about you?  Do you have any tea rituals when you sit down to write letters?  I wonder if Jane did?  She was in charge of the tea in her home.  She held the key to the cabinet where the tea was stored and typically made the tea for the family at breakfast.

Sometimes, when I receive several letters in one day, I put the kettle on, and make a pot of tea, place it in it's cozy to keep it warm, put it on a tea tray with some goodies, and  then I make my way to my sitting room for some quite time to enjoy my tea and letters.  Perfect relaxation!

Just a business note...the Pen Friend sign ups for November/December begin on Thursday Oct. 15th.  But, I have already received several !  This will be a lovely exchange.  Details coming.

Have a beautiful tea (or coffee if that is what you prefer) inspired day,

Lady Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment