Saturday, July 30, 2016

Jane Austen Flip Book Tutorial


I am sure many of you have been making "flip books", but I thought that I would put together a brief photo  tutorial just in case someone was wanting some help.  After this, if you have been hesitant, you will be off and running (with your "petticoat 6  inches in mud!" P& P chapter 8) !  In this post, we will be just developing the "skeleton" of our Flip Book.



To make things simple...I use 12 inch X 12 inch paper.


Fold in half.


Please disregard the horizontal crease you see here....it is a total boo boo!  Cut your paper in half (without the added crease)


You will now have two halves of your paper.  Divide evenly into thirds.   Mark off 4 inches and 8 inches.

Crease along those two markings as shown.



I do several at a time.



If you want the inside of your flip book to be "lined" , you need to glue a piece (I used a contrasting paper) the same size to your other piece.




It might need a tiny bit of adjustment, trim here and there as needed.


I made 4 flip book "skeletons ".  They will be ready to add pages to, and embellish when I am ready to sit down and write  a letter.




We will explore  the completed flip book in my next post!  Have you sent any flip books lately? It's a great way to send little goodies to your pen friend.  

Write Letters,
Write Often!

Lady Pamela

















14 comments:

  1. I love the flip books and I have made quite a few now. I love the paper you have used in your demonstration, it is so pretty. I have another two to make at the moment which is so nice. Have fun everyone :)
    Love ~ Lady Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lady Anne, I would love to see some of your flip books...I'll bet they are gorgeous! Let me hop on over to your blog! ;-)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady Pamela,

    Thank you for posting this tutorial for the basics of a flip book. I'll have to keep an eye out at the craft store for some Austen-esque paper :D.

    -Lady Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Squee! I love the papers! And the tie w/the lock! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a thing for Lovely papers...so much fun!

      Delete
  6. This blog is awesome and very informative keep Sharing this type of blog.

    แตกใน xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The news of the hershey hospital and those death are really bring sadness among all kind of people and it is really unexpected to all. https://www.paraphrasetool.org/ is the best one place to know about the quality writing rules.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is the Jane Austen writing society and can get the real pattern of all the time. You can find the new society and can get the link of http://www.bioexamples.net/writing-your-bio-with-our-accountant-biography-sample/ to manage the great part of all the time with this field.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A blog of the Austen which is providing you the best solution to your work and you can enjoy the amazing letter writing society which can make your life more good. With the link of http://capstoneprojectideas.com/nursing-capstone-project-ideas/ you can find the new flip book tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The children are very curious about the art work you have shown as my daughter is watching it and making her own now as I want her to discover this what is inside for her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow simply awesome. Theses flib book ideas are giving us more ideas to have such kinda activities and this is really great. The https://www.paraphraseservice.org/
    is what we all have to follow the pattern

    ReplyDelete